etsy mini

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flowers: Sizes and Colors!

With my new rose flower there are so many options for flowers there may be too many!
This is the large rose. It is my largest flower and measures about 4in. across!
This one was done out of worsted weight cotton (the same cotton I do the hats and heavy headbands out of). It can be done out of the cotton and regular yarn and will end up about this size. Please remember the sizes are approximate. Different yarn can change the size some.



This is my original flower. I think it looks most like a daisy!
The white one is a large and measures 3 and 1/2in. across.
The tan one is a medium single layer and measures 2 and 1/2in. across.
The are both out of the worsted weight cotton same as the rose above. They can also be done in any regular yarn.
Worsted weight cotton colors:
Pink, White, Tan, Black, Brown, Purple, Pastel Print (it is a white background with little bits of pastel color) and Shades of Lavender.
Regular yarn colors:
Pink, Dark Pink, Bright Pink, Teal, Grey, Sage Green, Yellow & Red.
These are more original flowers. The difference with the ones above is they are done in the crochet cotton instead of the worsted weight cotton. This is the same cotton my light weight headbands are done in. This changes not only the size but the texture as well. As you may notice the 4 flowers are 4 different sizes. This change comes from the size hook that I use to crochet them. They are all considered a medium double layer flower.

Small: 2 and 1/4in. across

Medium: 2 and 1/2in. across

Large: 2 and 3/4in. across

XLarge: 3in. across

This is the rose done in the light weight crochet cotton.

It measures 3in. across.

These last ones are my smallest flowers.

They are my original flower done in the light weight cotton.

The flower its self measures 1 and 3/4in. across. From tip of flower to end of clip measures about 2 and 1/2in.

When I very first started I did this flower to cover the whole clip. I would have to stretch it and I didn't like how the ended up looking. I quit doing them for a little bit because I didn't want to put something out there that I was not happy with. It was one of those problems that kept rolling around in my mind until I came up with this! I didn't want to stop doing the little ones because they are so cute in a little ones hair! I can FINALLY get 2 little piggy's in my 19MO and these are so cute!

Light weight cotton colors:

Red, Rose, White, Tan, Black, Brown, Navy Blue, Lime Green, Sage Green, Yellow, Light Pink (this pink looked like a beautiful pastel pink in the store. I have found in different light it can take on a peachy color), Light Teal & Dusty Blue.
If there is a color you would like and do not see it listed please ask. I may be able to find it! I am also working on getting pictures of all the colors I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment